The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
The annual Cookie Exchange for the teachers (with the cookies provided by PTA parents) is tomorrow. I came home from my CPE internship exhausted. I was going to bake something else. I had grand designs, but figured anything as involved as I usually do (chocolate chip scones) would get burned tonight. That’s just how little brain power I had left…
SOoo… quick-and-easy “Holiday Bites” to the rescue.
1. Line a cookie sheet with foil and preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
2. Put miniature pretzels on the foil, lining them up as close as you can in rows. (My cookie sheet holds 9×7=63).
3. Unwrap peppermint kisses and put one on each pretzel.
4. Heat for 6 minutes or until kisses are gooey.
5. Press one M&M on top of gooey kiss.
6. Set in a cool place to harden.
7. Peel cookies off of the foil; place in bag to send to school.
8. Try not to feel guilty. Teachers deserve so much more…