The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly spray muffin tins.
3. Core apples (tart apples like Granny Smiths) and place in the muffin tins.
4. Mix 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Spoon into the cores of the apples and tap it down lightly.
5. Bake about 20-30 minutes. Because the brown sugar melts, it can make quite a mess. I put the muffin tin on a larger pan to catch the drips.
6. Remove when baked into individual dishes. The apples should be tender and the skins will have split. Spoon melted sugar (left in the muffin tins) over the apples. Serve warm.