The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
This is a twist on Sloppy Joes, with a bit more flavor and a lot of crockpot goodness.
1. Brown the ground beef, ground turkey, onion and spices. Drain off any grease.
2. Put meat mixture in crockpot.
3. Add peppers, carrots, mushrooms, sauce and salsa.
4. Cook on “low” heat for 6-8 hours. Stir occasionally.
5. Serve on buns. Put shredded cheese on top of sandwich filling.
This freezes nicely and provides those “sneaky vegetables” for kids who are convinced that Mom is trying to poison them with healthy food. 🙂 I served this with a side salad with balsamic dressing and fresh green beans.