The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
I found a recipe for pork chops online but didn’t have the right ingredients. So… I adapted it. Or, as my family likes to say, I “followed the recipe, but at a distance.”
The original recipe was for 6 pork chops and I only had three, so I cut down the amounts. The results were pretty good, if I do say so myself.
1. Beat egg white with skim milk. Place chops in milk mixture and let stand for 5 minutes, turning chops once. (This worked great – the oven had to heat up!)
2. Meanwhile, mix together corn tortilla crumbs, cornbread mix, spices, and salt.
3. Spray a 9×9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray coating.
4. Remove chops from milk mixture. Coat thoroughly with crumb mixture.
5. Place chops in pan and bake uncovered in 375º F oven for 20 minutes. Turn chops and bake 15 minutes longer or until internal temperature registers 145 degrees. (Note – this is the “new” recommended internal temp for lean pork.)
Yield: 3 servings–Serving Size: 1 pork chop (approx 4 oz)