Sunny with NO Chance of Meatballs
Maybe some of you will catch that literary reference… 🙂
Today was a “First Sunday Potluck” at our church. I have made various dishes for these events, and this week I needed something easy, yummy and tasty. This fit the bill.
- 1 bag (38.4 oz) of frozen turkey meatballs (approximately 96 meatballs)
- 1 jar (12 oz) of chili sauce
- 1 cup of grape juice
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup lemon juice (to taste)
- Lightly spray the crockpot dish with cooking spray. (It doesn’t take much, and it helps with clean up!)
- Pour frozen meatballs into the crockpot.
- Mix together the chili sauce, grape juice and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Pour over the meatballs. Toss gently so that all of them are coated.
- Cook on high for approximately 4 hours. It’s a good idea to stir them occasionally so that every layer of meatballs gets re-coated with the sauce and they don’t dry out.
This is one of those throw-it-together-on-Sunday-morning dishes that every pastor loves. And that everyone enjoys! You can use beef (or if you must, TVP) but turkey seems to be the favorite around here. As you can see, there wasn’t any left. Just the dregs of sauce!