The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
The college girl is home for the weekend with a request for REAL meat. A pot roast dinner was just the ticket!
* Beef roast, about 4 lb
* 2 lbs fresh carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
* 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
* 4 large onions, peeled and cut into quarters
* Seasoning to taste:
Garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, sage
1. Briefly braise the beef on all sides.
2. Lightly grease a large pan with olive oil. Set beef in pan.
3. Surround meat with onions, carrots, and potatoes. Lightly season all.
4. Add 1/2 cup water.
5. Tightly cover with foil.
6. Bake until meat is at desired temp for done-ness. (I chose “medium”.)
8. Send copious amounts of leftovers back to campus.