The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
Adapted from a recipe from the side of a Duncan Hines Devils Food cake mix. It’s a dense cake but it doesn’t stand up to a true Southern pound cake. But it’s chocolate. So it passed inspection. 🙂
1 box of Devils Food Cake Mix
1 box of instant chocolate pudding (3.5 oz size)
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cup water
1 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp Hershey’s dark chocolate syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease a bundt or tube pan.
3. Dump all into a large mixing bowl and blend on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour batter into pan and even out around the pan.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes and check for doneness with a toothpick.
6. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes in the pan, loosen and invert onto a plate.
7. Glaze or sprinkle top with confectioners sugar.