The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
These are a highly
requested demanded cookie every year at Christmas.
– 1 bag chocolate kisses
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup mini-semi-sweet chocolate chips
– confectioner’s sugar (for rolling cookies once baked)
– Heat oven to 375 degrees F
– Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla
– Add flour and blend until batter is smooth
– Add mini-chocolate chips and mix in
– Remove wrappers from chocolate kisses and put in a bowl.
– Mold a scant tablespoon of dough around each kiss.
– Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet until set, about 10 minutes.
– Roll hot cookies in confectioner’s sugar. Set on rack to cool. Roll in confectioner’s sugar a second time and store in air-tight container.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies