Stuffed Pork Chops
Delicious and easy (although I didn’t make them). Daughter Chef was this evening’s Culinary Artist.
- 6 thick pork chops (1.5-2 inches thick)
- one medium onion, diced
- 1 large apple, diced
- smoked gouda, diced
- seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, sage, thyme
- Mix together stuffing ingredients (onion, apple, gouda, seasonings). Set aside.
- Stuff porkchops and secure with toothpicks.
- Melt ~1 tbsp butter in a large pan and brown the porkchops on both sides; approx. 3 minutes per side.
- If freezing any, set aside after browning. Once cool, wrap in plastic wrap and put in freezer container.
- Arrange in baking dish of suitable size and dust with additional salt, pepper, and paprika (just a bit).
- Bake at 375 for ~20 minutes, or until thermometer reads 160.