The gift of hospitality sometimes comes with food.
This was one of those experiments that worked. It was delicious.
350 degree oven
3-4 large apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped (I used Honey Crisp)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup butterscotch morsels
1. Lightly grease a large pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Place chopped apples in the pan
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and spread evenly over apples.
4. Using a cooking fork, lightly toss the apples and oatmeal mixture.
5. Stir every 10 minutes while baking.
6. Bake until apples are soft and the butterscotch chips are melted.
7. Serve warm.
P.S. Gluten-free needs? Hershey’s and Kroger brands of butterscotch chips are gluten-free! So are Bob’s Red Mill old-fashioned rolled oats.